Youth Alliance has come up with a new program “Lead The Change”.
Apply Now: http://youthallianceofindia.org/lead-the-change/apply-now/ (Last Date 28 February)
“There is no passion to be found playing small – in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.” – Nelson Mandela
Lead The Change (LTC) is dedicated to developing social leaders; well-rounded youngsters who are equipped with leadership skills to solve the challenges faced by their communities. Its core aim is to ignite young hearts with holistic concern for their society and nation.
LTC Program will involve upto 30 youngsters in a six week program. The program will expose them to pressing issues of our societies such as human dignity, education and rural immersion. They will study solutions offered by role models, personalities and get a short experience in leadership education. They will be expected to apply this experience to come up with solution for a small local issue and in the process, understand how to set up an enterprise. They will emerge with the wealth of a rich network and a sound understanding of systemic social change.
LTC’s Core Purpose:
Youth wants to contribute but often finds it hard to figure out the right way to go about it. We believe that by exposing passionate young people to these issues and giving them opportunities to interact with role models, we can sensitize them and sow a seed deep in their hearts. It will also help them in making informed choices of how they shape their future.
- It will change the outlook of young people towards issues surrounding them and enhance their skills and knowledge to address them
- It will provide the young with the ability to seek holistic long term solutions and provide them great alternate career choices
- Turn the direction of conversation among youth groups from mere discussion of problems to solution oriented talks, and eventually action oriented plans
- Develop a pool of social leaders and build a strong network
- Create a community of youth who could serve as role model for their contemporaries
- Inspire to act, cause attitudinal shift in mindset
About Youth Alliance:
Youth Alliance is an organization working with a vision to “Connect EACH Youth With a Cause”. We believe in the philosophy of sensitizing young people towards the society by showing them the real picture and connecting them to ground reality.We also have a range of programmes like “Samarpan”;”Come Alive” meant to create awareness as well as bring change in society. It is an initiative of a Teach For India alumni from 2009 batch.